Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2011

you know when it's happening

Ever over hear a small question from one person to another in your office and get that loathsome feeling that it was directed at them but about you?

I am adopting a cat with CP- a special needs cat and I was talking about it at the office to my one of 2 colleagues that I actually feel a little ok to do that with. I then heard one other person say to another are you planning on becoming a crazy cat lady? She turned and looked at him like she was saying "shut up! " but said nothing. Then he said oh...."did I misread that?" Then she typed and he suddenly said "oh! my mistake......."
It was just enough cloak and daggeresque to make me think it was about me. In that e-mails correcting him or telling him to shut up or whatever were sent , the look and the statements themselves make me wonder....and it may not be about what I was talking about but the fact that I am getting my 3rd cat leads me to think it was.

Nothing like something like that to make you feel ashamed of your choices or at least like you are the brut of a joke of some kind.

No comments: