Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Don't bite the hand that feeds you!


Okay~This has been a week of up and downs.
I had an unprovoked verbal attack by a temp help person in my department when they heard that they had been unsuccessful in the job test they did. I guess it was partly a their judgement on what I do and part frustration for not succeeding on their own.
The thing is this person is not charming or nice to anyone around them except the bosses and frankly she feels I am and yes she said this "of less value" than she is.
I felt a sense of release when I found out she might not make it to the next round in a job competition for our area. Now that is changing to smug happiness. The stupidity is that I was actually helping this person before the attack. I know her family and felt bad that she's been around so long and not able to get in a real job. Now I feel like I have a reason why she's where she is. If you bite the hands that feed you you'll not be given more! I have asked to get her out of the contract and out of our division. She'll likely be gone within a month when she expected to stay on until Spring. It will be a shock to her even though she treated most of us like crap.

Now I should mention that this is the 2nd time she lashed out verbally and did this kind of thing, although this time was much worse. You are probably wondering what she attacks? The first time I made a comment on a frustration with my husband and his lack of cleaning she said she's heard me complain before and if he's that bad just get rid of him. Not letting her get away with this I asked "Then with all the complaints I've hear on your partner you should be single by now. And besides I have kids and morgage to consider while you are just living with the partner in the house that was owned before you even met ,so for you , leaving would be a peice of cake!" This didn't go over real well when I turned the tables. I came out of that thinking this person likes to judge but not be judged. I also learned that she only wants to talk not listen. She doesn't even notice that she never asks how something is in your life she just talks about herself all day.where was I ah yes the freak out...
Well this time it's apparently monitoring how many personal calls I get and how long my lunch break is and telling me I didn't do parts of my job and she had to do them. The stupid thing is that she was hired as a support role for my work?! At any rate I was really PO'd and I told her that if anyone I work for had an issue with me or my calls they should approach me and tell me so. in my own defence I rarely take lunch elsewhere than at my desk and when I do go I leave at close to 1 when she takes hers from 11:15- 1 and doesn't even know when I left, so she's assuming that I was gone since she left I suppose which in her mind makes it an hour and a half??

The "up" came when I spoke to the managers and found out this person is rubbing them the wrong way too. Petty as it sounds I liked that. It made me feel like hey- I'm not the only one that can't stand the drama and the nasty attitude. You know when a person spoke of her to me recently they mentioned that she's so unaproachable that you cannot even greet her in the morning without a look like she wants to rip your head off....Gee I want to see that face every morning!

Either way I am hunting like I'm on a Safari for a new job. I need a change but I also I hope she's gone before I find one! I am cautiously optimistic about finding a new spot...a few tests and even making it to interviews and then being asked for references stage....I am on pins and needles waiting for word!!!

No comments: