Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2010

did this that and the other thing

I have planted and weeded the veggie garden
I have seeded, watered and cut grass
I have laid mulch down then laid some more probably 70 bags now
I have planted bush, flower, vine, short flowers , tall ones ,in pots and in the ground
I have eaten veggies from the garden and shared them with family and friends
I have vacuumed the garage and the deck....well there's carpets there to be fair!
I have removed a mouse body from my feet and praised an adopted cat for the gift, repeat 4 X
I have driven to late husbands family event & visited
I drove a Brother in law and GF back to my city and had them as guests
I yelled at the kids, cried with them, hugged them and mourned their dad a year after he died
I watch them play soccer and try to have their friends over
I worked, twisting numbers and forms to make sense-
I paid lawyers and accountants and bills and taxes and feel a little raw by it all
I fixed a toilet and the toilet seat and tried to fix the tap- not there yet!
I vacuumed and bleached and dusted and washed, repeat every week!
I sorted and treated for stains and washed and ironed, repeat every week!
I found a kitty for my son to love and he named her Halo for his angle who's also his dad
I have fought long and hard with my tween girl and cried tears that she can't yet
I have felt longing and broken and beat down and disappointment and pride
I have been surprised by a little boy's effort
I have been shameful of the state of my tween's room in front of company
I have been duped, lied to and manipulated
I have been hugged
I had my septic break and had it fixed
I had new brakes on the car
I had my soccer mates over and they planted a tree in memory then drank in celebration!
I have spoken to the banks and fixed their mistakes, soon my name will be on the house
I have missed him with every fiber of my being
I have a broken heart.

No comments: