Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 4, 2010

holidays- check that one off....


Well I am having a Greek salad from Farm Boy for lunch....(a Canadian grocery place - mostly fruits and meats and veg) I am trying to eat better as the bathing suit weather is just around the corner as is my trip to Miami and the cruise.... I have most of the Christmas stuff done and well I am surprised I pulled it all off this season. I had people for dinner on the Eve friends without family they can hook up with...followed by a jog over to the people we live next to for drinks, more food and a hot tub until 4 am :) . Entertained all siblings/families and my parents Xmas day at my place....some how I got to bed at 5am got the trurkey on at 9am and then made it through all the other stuff and clean up for 20 + people....and then cleaned again the following day for the stuff we didn't have the energy to do. And by we I mean me. I got more done by myself after the fighting got so bad that the kid's got confined in their rooms. Next drove 4 hours to Peterborough for my husband's family dinner. Drove my niece back and got her home safely even though it was in the center town ( an extra hour)and I live in the West end which is where we enter the city.
Then I had the kid's friends over for NY eve..... I bought alcohol free bubbly and popers and hats and I think they had fun!

It was a hard Christmas and I cried many times over the last few weeks thinking of our loss. I tried to laugh and be happy and enjoy the new memories. It got a bit better with the kids and then worst then better then... you know how the pattern goes.
Before school days start again the last day off went by way too quickly. I think the kids listening was at an all time low and we had a bad night. The morning came and went and I got to work late but I'll stay late then, no biggie, but I am still very sad about the whole freak out my daughter did last night. I think it's hormones and stress and being tired. I know she's had a hard time sleeping so we got up early our last day and did a bunch of stuff and I had hoped with all that she'd be tired and sleep well instead she freaked well. I hope despite the nerves and stress of the season we get a bit of a calm over the next month.

No comments: