Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 14, 2010

back from Yucatan Peninsula


Well we had a week in Mexico and the weather before our week was rainy and the week after they got a Hurricane so I am happy to report we had nothing but sunny hot weather and we enjoyed the trip- Mayan ruins, secret underground rivers and lots of beach.....it was a great trip.

The shopping stressed me out and I started to really worry about how much I was spending but I think it's going to be okay-
I loved the beach, hot white sand and blue sea made it fantastic- we chased the stingrays with our snorkels and fed fish schools that swarmed us! The iguanas were plenty- big to small and a few ate the banana my son fed them which was cute-

We saw a lot of the country and ate a few Mexican faves- tacos, corn chips and lots of guacamole and fresh salsa!

The kids learned a bit of Spanish and I practiced mine!

Then we got home- early the next morning was a helping cousin who fixed the lights I screwed up and the plug that was wonky- next I cleaned and did washing and got groceries and the dog- Next we put away a good deal of cottage stuff and removed the food- then we had turkey dinner and I took a lot of the carcass home- de-boned the meat and cubed the good stuff and boiled the bones and made a soup broth- I then brought the broth and a good amount of meat to my neighbors house who has been quite ill and she was pretty happy to get it and gave me pointers on how she makes the soups she has shared with me over the years-

She gave me a few spices and then I made my turkey noodle, she made hers and we both enjoyed a home made soup !

She had a chicken that she hadn't cooked yet and she was trying to get the energy up for it so she could make a soup- I guess my timing was good-

Then last night I made a roast beef dinner and did the same thing with the beef bone- my soup is amazing and she's happy to get a soup broth on again for next week! They like soup for lunches- They are older so they have the time for a nice home cooked lunch!

She also feels more productive this way, I do a lot of the long work and get the broth to her and then she just dices a few veg and add some noodles and spice and feels like she took care of dinner!

Once someone is sick and stops doing the little things it can really make them feel useless and it was my hope to activate the good proud feelings of accomplishment that will also make her feel better- :)

No comments: