Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 19, 2010

Fab passive agressive friends

I found a book the other day and it was full of drawings- as I sat to look at it my girl said to me that it was given to my son by one of his friends and it was from a former friend of his at school. This friend was drawing pictures of snipers shooting my son dead. He drew pictures of guns and bombs and all kids of violent things and swear words related to my son.

The fact that this comes from a kid who spent time with us at the cottage and was a close friend just blows my mind. Then to hear from the school official that I talked to that not only did the teachers know that there was a problem between these two kids but the parent's that were my friends at the time took the time to alert the school that there was a problem. No one bothered to talk to me about it from the school- they just listened to the one side of the story hearing what they had to say and that's it!

Last fall my friend /this parent called to say the boys were not getting along and I said that if it was my son picking on him or bugging him he would apologise and he did say sorry to the child that very day right there on the phone...I made it clear that this was not okay and if he did something that hurt him he should not repeat this.
Now knowing that things are never one sided I did say to the mother "I know that our husbands were quite stubborn and that it may well be that the boys also are ...." I did allude to the fact that her son may be doing things that also contribute. I guess by suggesting that I was now considered "not approachable" any more. yep that's what she said to the school about me, and I was a little taken aback today to hear that. Apparently that's her way of being proactive about this.... dis me in front of the school people before I even know the fight is on! Well I had a long chat about this with the school and I also have a meeting next week about this and I will have no problem calling her out on the fact that she de friended me to everyone else but me and made an issue between a few school kids dissolve the friendship. And more important that her child is very aggressive and angry and the drawing he made were downright sick.

No comments: