Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthdays fiascos

Okay so a birthday was this weekend for my girl and I tried to make it fun- I woke her up at noon and brought her gifts - cool trendy make up- a new Sims 3 for her laptop and real silver rings and earings she liked earlier in the month when we were out. Trendy Volcome stuff- her fav Lindoor chocolates it was nice stuff. I waddled through knee deep clothes to do it. Hung out a bit then she gets around to talking about her plans in doing so she finally fills me in on the fact that despite the fact that I said NO to a during the week get together b/c it was not good for me- she goes ahead and whines to her friends that I am too busy and not going to have a party and then set about making one!

The shitty part is that I have never said this- only that doing it on Monday when I work all week is a bit much- Not only did she go ahead she also asked too many girls to do it and I don't have a van and can't fit them in my car. She also invited them all over night- Lastly that she does this and now has parents all coming together to get rides for this and I look like such a shmuck !!! I look like I said I can't have your party b/c I'm too busy! When really, what I said was :"let's wait and see what we can do on a better day or less hectic day"- Last week I went to a 3 hr meeting after work for her soccer Thursday and then spent hours on e-mails and on the phone and I am really tired of doing all this . Then I was going out on Friday to the only thing I do for me and have missed fr 2 weeks with kids sick or me sick from their germs sharing - I play a game of soccer get in late get to bed - then we all went out Saturday to see our friends one of whom is going through lung Cancer and the the husband had some other issues. The following day, Sunday I drive to another province ( 1 hr) to do a dinner for my girls BD. On the way there, I start to get really stressed by the conversation this BD plan for Monday is rolling out of control- before we left my son played games and disappeared all afternoon when I was trying to clean up for the overnight guests. The bathroom she uses was really disgusting and took 45 minutes to clean - minimum- I then cleaned the clothes in her room because she cannot handle it when I tell her to do it. Then I am running around trying to get stuff clean and she gets ready for dinner just before we leave I look in and there are clothes all over the floor again! My son appears and isn't ready yet! I almost threw up! I was so stressed trying to get stuff done and she hasn't done anything to help. The clean towels I gave her the day or two before- all were dirty and on her floor- I had asked her to put them away and the ones that were away were lying in under the vanity like scrunched up balls. I refolded them all and placed them back flat. again doing the job myself! We go to dinner and my son who was rude and nasty the whole days stats yipping at me and I'm warning him to stop and he just does it more. I stopped the car and said fine we aren't going to go then she starts freaking out. I turn the car around and go back towards her grandparent's house and we drive in silence. When I have calmed I say that this whole plan is going to have to be resolved tonight for the following day and the rest of the cleaning needs to be helped with. Everyone agrees to help- we go we eat we visit and we leave- on the way home we make the plan for the Monday-

She has a ride to the downtown area ( half an hour away from out house non rush hour almost 45 minutes in busier periods). Plans to skate on the Canal and then wants to do dinner at a resto - I'm trying to figure out what to do to get them from skating back to my office then changed then dinner- it's a bit much and she has gone ahead and done this saying her friends have worked this all out so I don't have to worry- but the problem is it's a mess! They don't know how they are getting from the rink to the office I work in, to change and then to a restaurant and then how 6 kids are going to fit into 3 seats! I don't know how this is all going to work out. I am really fed up-

Now we argued all night because instead of getting home and helping me get the house ready- she got on the phone and started talking to soccer people for 2 and a half hours. So she now throws this plan at me and I have a mess to figure out and now dinner to cover taxis to pay for - Argue! All this and I had to clean up the house that looked like a bloody mess myself! I am just fuming mad fed up and I don't even want to do to this dinner now!

No comments: